Wednesday 15 July 2009

Honours Project







I have designed surface patterns for chairs, these i have refurbished myself by simply sanding down and repainting the wood.
I have experimented with different paints and surfaces for printing, the pink sample shown above is paper which i then stitched.
My final designs shown on my two chairs are screen printed and free machine embroidered.
I really enjoyed the process of refurbishment, I love the idea of taking something old and making it new. Its like creative recycling, these chairs i managed to salvage from an antiques sale, they werent in very good condition so when they didnt sell, they were going to be thrown in the tip!!
I will find my images of the chairs before hand and upload them so you can see the whole transformation.










No comments:

Post a Comment